Business Licensing
111 Chesterfield St. S • Aiken, SC 29801 • 803-642-7642

City of Aiken Short-Term Rentals

Please note that not all City of Aiken zoning districts allow short-term rentals, and some are only allowed if granted a Special Exception from the Board of Zoning Appeals. For more information, please contact the City of Aiken Planning Department.

Each person engaging in a short-term rental such as Vacation Rental By Owner (VBO) or Airbnb-type business within the City of Aiken will need to apply, collect and remit the Accommodations Tax to the City of Aiken. If you have an agreement with an agency doing this, please check to ensure they are remitting the local Accommodations Tax. Many such places do not pay local and only remit state taxes. If that is the case, the responsibility for sending the tax will fall on the owner.