Aiken City Council will meet Monday, August 24, at 7 PM in Council Chambers located in the City Municipal Building, 214 Park Ave SW, Aiken, SC.
Due to emergency procedures related to the COVID-19 health concern, capacity limitations, face coverings, and social distancing requirements will be enforced.
The work session is open to the public to attend only and will begin at 4 PM in the Council Chamber.
The 7 PM Council Meeting will be streamed live at https://www.youtube.com/CityofAikenSC
Written comments are encouraged and can be emailed to Publiccomment@CityofAikenSC.gov.
Below is the agenda for the City Council meeting:
Aiken City Council Agenda
August 24, 2020
7:00 PM Regular Meeting of City Council
CALL TO ORDER
INVOCATION AND PLEDGE TO THE FLAG
ADDITIONS OR DELETIONS TO THE AGENDA
(1) Consideration of the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of August 10, 2020.
(1) Historical Marker for Aiken’s Jewish Merchants.
(2) Historical Marker for the Legare-Morgan House on Laurens Street.
III. OLD BUSINESS: Further Consideration of:
(1) Approval of Appointments and Discussion of Appointees to Various City Boards, Commissions, and Committees.
(2) Second Reading and Public Hearing of an Ordinance Authorizing Economic Development Incentives for a Project Developed by Woodford Trace SC LLC.
AN ORDINANCE AUTHORIZING CERTAIN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INCENTIVES, PURSUANT TO ORDINANCE NO. 08122018 OF THE CITY OF AIKEN CODE OF ORDINANCES FOR A PROJECT DEVELOPED BY WOODFORD TRACE SC LLC; APPROVING AN ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT INDUCEMENT AND INCENTIVE AGREEMENT; AND OTHER MATTERS RELATED THERETO.
(3) Second Reading and Public Hearing of an Ordinance to Annex 229 East Pine Log Road and Zone it Residential Single-Family (RS-10).
AN ORDINANCE TO ANNEX PROPERTY OWNED BY AARON BAITY, AND TO ZONE THE SAME RESIDENTIAL SINGLE-FAMILY (RS-10).
(4) Second Reading and Public Hearing of an Ordinance to Annex .40 Acres Owned by LED of Aiken, Inc. Located at the intersection of Park Avenue and Richland Avenue and Zone it General Business (GB).
AN ORDINANCE TO ANNEX TO THE CORPORATE LIMITS OF THE CITY OF AIKEN CERTAIN PROPERTY OWNED BY LED OF AIKEN, INC. AND LOCATED AT THE INTERSECTION OF PARK AVENUE SE AND RICHLAND AVENUE AND TO ZONE THE SAME GENERAL BUSINESS (GB).
(5) Second Reading and Public Hearing of an Ordinance to Annex 140.80 Acres Owned by Aiken Steeplechase Association Located at Old Wagener Road and Rudy Mason Parkway, Zone the Property Planned Residential (PR) and Approve a Concept Plan.
AN ORDINANCE TO ANNEX TO THE CORPORATE LIMITS OF THE CITY OF AIKEN CERTAIN PROPERTY OWNED BY AIKEN STEEPLECHASE ASSOCIATION AND LOCATED AT THE INTERSECTION OF OLD WAGENER ROAD AND RUDY MASON PARKWAY AND TO ZONE THE SAME PLANNED RESIDENTIAL (PR) AND TO APPROVE A CONCEPT PLAN.
IV. NEW BUSINESS: Consideration of:
(1) Approval of a Federal Aviation Administration Grant for the Aiken Regional Airport.
(2) First Reading of an Ordinance to Amend the FY 2020-21 Budget.
AN ORDINANCE AMENDING THE BUDGET OF THE CITY OF AIKEN FOR THE FISCAL YEAR BEGINNING JULY 1, 2020, AND ENDING JUNE 30, 2021.
(3) First Reading of an Ordinance to Amend Chapter 11 of the Aiken City Code Entitled “Municipal Development Commission.”
V. PETITIONS AND REQUESTS:
(1) Approval of a Resolution to Provide Water and Sanitary Sewer Service to a Subdivision Located on Powderhouse Road Near Athol Road.
A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE PROVISION OF WATER AND SANITARY SEWER UTILITY SERVICES TO PROPERTY LOCATED ON POWDERHOUSE ROAD.
(2) Resolution to Purchase Property at 1754 Columbia Highway North.
A RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING THE PURCHASE OF A TRACT OF LAND TOTALLING 29.30 ACRES LOCATED AT 1754 COLUMBIA HIGHWAY NORTH.
(a) Issues and Updates.
To preview a more detail agenda document visit: