The City of Aiken officially opened Tax Books for collection of 2020 Property Taxes on October 26, 2020. The bills were processed and mailed from our printing service bureau on Wednesday, November 4th, 2020. The City of Aiken Millage Rate for 2020 will be 62 Mills.
The City of Aiken real estate tax and certain other personal property tax, other than automobile, for 2020 are due and payable. If you have not received your tax notice for City Taxes please contact the City of Aiken Finance Department immediately.
Note: City of Aiken tax bills are mailed to addresses furnished by taxpayers to the Aiken County Assessor’s Office. All corrections, including name and address updates, are sent to the City of Aiken by the Aiken County Assessor’s Office. Failure to receive a tax bill because of an incorrect address or transfer of ownership after December 31, 2019 does not excuse penalty.
Purchasers of real estate after January 1, 2020 have an obligation for payment of property taxes whether or not a bill is received.
- Taxes are due and payable through January 15, 2021 with No Penalty
- 5% penalty due January 16, 2021 through February 17, 2021
- 10% penalty due February 18, 2021 through March 19, 2021
- 15% penalty due March 20, 2021 through April 20, 2021
- On April 21, 2021, a 2 ½% penalty is added and unpaid taxes are turned over to the Delinquent Tax Collector for collection.
Taxes are not paid until check clears the bank.
Robert A. Cothran
For assistance, please contact the City of Aiken Finance Department at the following:
City of Aiken
Attn: Tax Collections
P.O. Box 2458
Aiken, SC 29802-2458
214 Park Avenue SW
Tax Department: 803.642.7785
Finance Department: 803.642.7603
City of Aiken Main: 803.642.7600
Fax Machine: 803.642.7735
Online Assistance and Payments:
City Web Site: www.cityofaikensc.gov