Doing Business With The City
Competitive Bids : Doing Business with the City of Aiken
Competition can be a good thing
The City of Aiken asks for competitive bids as a general rule, but makes these exceptions:
- Small bids – those items costing under $1,500.
- Sole-source or emergency purchases.
- Purchases that use State pre-negotiated contracts.
- Professional services provided by licensed individuals such as architects, lawyers, or engineers.
- The participation of women and minority business is encouraged.