As of 1 p.m. on Sunday, September 10th, the City of Aiken Emergency Operations can provide the following updates:
Aiken impacts expected:
- The Columbia office of the National Weather Service forecasts the following for Aiken: Flash flood watch is still in effect for Aiken all day Monday Sept. 11.
- Isolated tornadoes could occur Monday afternoon and early Monday evening.
- 2” to 4” of rain with isolated higher amounts of rainfall.
- There remains a risk of downed trees and power lines. Scattered power outages are still considered a very real possibility Monday afternoon and Monday evening.
- Between Monday afternoon at 12:00 pm to Monday evening at 10:00 pm Aiken can expect sustained winds from the northeast at 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 60 mph.
- Wind for Sunday afternoon and evening will be out of the northeast 15 to 25 mph with gusts around 35 mph.
- All Public Safety personnel have been put on recall notice beginning on Sunday at 6:00pm.
- Aiken Department of Public Safety and the City of Aiken do not monitor social media for emergencies. If you experience an emergency or need assistance during the storm, please dial 911. Non-emergency and general questions and issues can be directed to 211. For other non-emergency issues, dial the ADPS dispatch center at 803-642-7620.
- For those who need assistance with sheltering animals: http://acgis-agol.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=63f7flc35fdb447e972fc4adc4c1fc3e
- City of Aiken garbage, recycling and yard waste pickup will not be collected on Monday. All of these services for our customers will be delayed one day the week of Sept. 11th.