Concert Series Returns to Hopelands Gardens this Summer
Aiken, SC – After a one-year hiatus, the highly anticipated Hopelands Concert Series returns this April, May, and June. The series will kick off on April 5 at 6:30 PM.
Attendees are encouraged to bring a lawn chair or blanket for seating. Picnic dinners are welcomed, but alcohol is strictly prohibited. Face Coverings and social distancing are encouraged. All concerts are family friendly and have free admission. In the case of inclement weather, concerts will take place at the Odell Weeks Center at 1700 Whiskey Rd. in Gym 2. Masks will be required indoors.
For more information, please call 803-643-2161. The rain-out hotline is available at 803-643-4661 for more information in the case of inclement weather.
The 2021 Hopelands Concert Series performances are listed below. Dates and performers are subject to change:
- April 5, 2021, 6:30pm: Josh Martin and Friends, sponsored by The Aiken Homes Team at Meybohm. A funky blues group who, in 2018, performed in the #1 blues club in the world, owned by actor Morgan Freeman.
- April 12, 2021, 6:30pm: The Experiment and the I20 Horns. The Experiment and the I-20 Horns is THE choice in the CSRA for an eclectic mix of old-school and modern dance music.
- April 19, 2021, 6:30pm: Aiken Brass Band, sponsored by Cumberland Village. Aiken Brass is made up of six members and has been performing for over 20 years at church services, weddings, festivals, and parties. Members of the group often perform with many other organizations throughout the community.
- April 26, 2021, 6:30pm: Southern Elite Cloggers and Dance. Why have two groups when they are better together? TWO multi-national award winning teams have formed together to form the NEW Southern Elite Cloggers and Dance. Their high energy performances put a modern twist on the traditional clogging folk dance.
- May 3, 2021, 7:00pm: Aiken Youth Orchestra. The Aiken Youth Orchestra provides over 50 area students the opportunity to participate in a strings and orchestra program, currently under the direction of Adam DePriest and Angela Shaw.
- May 10, 2021, 7:00pm: Preston and Weston. An Aiken favorite, Preston & Weston offer spirited renditions of R&B classics, shag, beach and pop music. Their mix also includes jazz standards, reggae, blues and even some country. Preston and Weston have lots of vocals, lots of laughs, and lots of fun.
- May 17, 2021, 7:00pm: Christ Ndeti & Mama Says Band. Chris Ndeti, also known as Acoustic Chocolate, is a dynamic and versatile female acoustic rock/soul performer and songwriter. You can find Mrs. Ndeti somewhere in the CSRA almost every weekend wowing audiences with her powerhouse vocals and soulful tunes.
- May 24, 2021, 7:00pm: Swingsation of Aiken, sponsored by Women of Woodside. Established in 1990, Swingsation, is a 15-piece big band with vocals performing music from the 30′s and 40′s up to today.
- May 31, 2021, 7:00pm: Aiken Civic Ballet Company, sponsored by the Friends of Hopelands Gardens & Rye Patch, LLC. The Aiken Civic Ballet Company, South Carolina’s longest continuously-operating dance company. ACBC produces original ballets and contemporary dance works under the direction of Artistic Director, Diane Toole Miller.
- June 7, 2021, 7:00pm: Aiken Community Theatre – Broadway Review. The Aiken Community Theatre is a nonprofit organization whose purpose is to entertain, educate, and enrich our community by providing a quality theatre experience. They have put together a Broadway Review for the Concert Series, showcasing some of their most beloved songs and a variety of performers.
- June 14, 2021, 7:00pm: 4 Cats in the Doghouse, sponsored by The Willcox. 4 Cats in the Doghouse is a jazz quartet that plays jazz and pop/dance music for all occasions.
- June 21, 2021, 7:00pm: Southern Meltdown. The Southern Meltdown Band has been together for over a decade, with deep roots in Country and Southern Rock, with a little bit of the Oldies thrown in.
- June 28, 2021, 7:00pm: Parris Island Marine Band, sponsored by the Friends of Hopelands Gardens & Rye Patch, LLC. The Parris Island Marine Band has been a part of the Hopelands Concert Series for over 30 years, performing patriotic staples like John Philip Sousa’s “Stars and Stripes Forever.” This crowd favorite completes the Hopelands Concert Series on a high note.
For more information, please call 803-643-2161. The rain-out hotline is available at 803-643-4661 for more information in the event of inclement weather. Further details and schedule updates can be found online at https://www.cityofaikensc.gov/hopelandsconcerts/.
Amber Coffey, Recreation Program Coordinator
City of Aiken Parks, Recreation and Tourism