Accountability and financial transparency are not only required by the Federal Stimulus funds, but are hallmarks of a well run government.
As a leader in transparent financial reporting, the City of Aiken is posting unaudited Monthly Financial Statements and Accounts Payable Check registers online.
In the Finance Folder, you will see separate folders:
- AP Check Registers and EFT (Electronic Funds Transfers) Registers detailing expenses of the City of Aiken.
- Audit Reports (Annual Audited Financial Statements)
- CAFR (Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, which includes the Audited Financial Statements)
- Chart of Accounts (list of all City accounts used in the Monthly Financial Statements and AP Check Registers) – this is a searchable document. If it is not apparent why we would pay a vendor, you can look up the account number to see where the payment was charged.
- Monthly Financial Statements – these are unaudited monthly cash- basis detail of the expenditures of the City of Aiken. The monthly activity and year to date amounts, as well as budgeted amounts and variances will be shown for all active funds of the City of Aiken. All of these documents can be found in our Document Archives by clicking here.