The City of Aiken real estate tax and certain other personal property tax, other than automobiles, for 2019 are due and payable without penalty January 15, 2020. If you have not received your tax notice for City Taxes, please contact the City of Aiken Finance Department immediately.
Note: City of Aiken tax bills were mailed to addresses furnished by taxpayers to the Aiken County Assessor’s Office. All corrections, including name and address updates, are sent to the City of Aiken by the Aiken County Assessor’s Office. Failure to receive a tax bill because of an incorrect address or transfer of ownership after December 31, 2018, does not excuse penalty.
Purchasers of real estate after January 1, 2019, have an obligation for payment of property taxes whether or not a bill is received.
- Taxes are due and payable through January 15, 2020, with No Penalty
- 5% penalty due January 16, 2020, through February 17, 2020
- 10% penalty due February 18, 2020, through March 19, 2020
- 15% penalty due March 20, 2020, through April 20, 2020
- On April 21, 2020, a 2 ½% penalty is added, and unpaid taxes are turned over to the Delinquent Tax Collector for collection.
You may also pay online at www.cityofaikensc.gov