Parks, Playgrounds, & Natural Areas
Sprayground / Splash Pad
Operating Season: April 1st through October 1st
Hours of Operation:
Mondays: 1pm – 8pm
Tuesdays: 9:30am – 8pm
Wednesdays: 9:30am – 8pm
Thursdays: 9:30am – 8pm
Fridays: 9:30am – 8pm
Saturdays: 1pm – 8pm
Sundays: 1pm – 8pm
The Sprayground is available for rentals on Saturdays and Sundays from 9:30am to 12:45pm.
During inclement weather the Sprayground will not be open.
The sprayground is equipped with the Earth Networks Lightning Alert System. When the system detects lightning within 10 miles of the facility, the air horns sound an uninterrupted 15-second blast and the strobe light will activate. Park patrons who hear the horn and/or see the light need to seek shelter immediately. When the system no longer detects a threat, three 5-second blasts from the horn will sound and the strobe light will stop working. This is the signal that it is safe to return outdoors. Please note that there will be a 30 minute wait time for each lightning strike.
You MUST EXIT the Sprayground with any signs of thunder, lightning, or oncoming severe weather.
The Sprayground WILL be open on ALL HOLIDAYS that fall during the operating season.
Splash Pad Rules
- Children ages 12 and under must be directly supervised by someone 16 years of age or older
- Guardians and children are responsible for cleaning up. Older children must be aware of smaller children on the pad. Play safe.
- No alcoholic beverages or illegal substances are allowed
- Glassware, or other similar materials with a tendency to shatter on impact, will not be allowed in the park
Individuals engaging in unsafe or disruptive behavior will be asked to leave the Park, and may be banned for an additional period of time
- No running or rough play allowed on the spraygound
- No pets inside the fencing of the sprayground
- Proper swim attire required for the sprayground: thong bathing suits and transparent colored suits are not allowed
- No smoking or tobacco products allowed
- No profanity allowed
- Radios, CD player, computers or electronic devices and similar items are allowed at the sprayground only through the use of ear plugs. NO audible music is allowed.
The City of Aiken reserves the right to remove parties from the sprayground that are not in compliance with these rules and regulations.
Please call the Aiken Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department if there are any questions regarding rules and regulations listed above. If there are any problems, please contact the City of Aiken at 803-642-7761, 803-642-7631 or the Aiken Department of Public Safety at 803-642-7620. For any and all emergencies call 911.
The Department of Parks and Recreation will make the Sprayground available for rental by groups for birthday parties and other gatherings.
Rentals will be before regular operating hours and last for no longer than 90 minutes.
Fees for rentals will be set by the City of Aiken.
Renters will have access to the entire sprayground area, including the restrooms.