The South Carolina Department of Agriculture (SCDA) is offering South Carolina residents the opportunity to safely dispose of outdated, unusable, or unwanted pesticides.
The pesticide and chemical program is open only to residents and farmers from any SC County. SCDA staff will be on site to monitor pesticide collection and disposal, and will have final authority on acceptance of products.
- Chemical and pesticide quantities accepted will be limited to 2500 pounds of solid and 300 gallons of liquid at no charge.
- Pesticide products accepted include herbicides, insecticides, nematicides, fungicides and similar products used in agricultural production or around the home.
- Rinsate will not be accepted.
- Fertilizer will not be accepted unless it is combined or co-packed with a pesticide such as weed and feed.
- No compressed gas cylinders (metal cylinder with a valve) or empty pesticide containers will be collected.
Collection events may be cancelled due to inclement weather. Possible makeup dates will be announced at a later date.
Collection Date and Location:
October 21, 2017
Richland/Lexington County Irmo High School
6671 Broad River Road
Columbia, SC 29212 9 am – 1 pm