City of Aiken Municipal Court
834 Beaufort St NE • Aiken, SC 29801 • 803-642-7676
City of Aiken Court & Jury Duty
NOTE: Once you are qualified for jury duty, you should not report back to the courtroom unless you have been contacted by the Clerk of Court’s Office stating that you have been selected to hear a specific trial.
If you have received a Notice to Appear Summons, there are a few things you need to know before reporting promptly on the dates indicated at the Public Safety Department located at 834 Beaufort St NE, Aiken, SC 29801.
Please dress appropriately – NO TANK TOPS, HALTER TOPS, SHORTS, HATS, OR FLIP FLOPS. SHIRTS SHOULD BE TUCKED IN. Shoes are required. Do not bring any weapons or knives with you. No packages or briefcases are allowed in the courtroom. You cannot have reading material when serving on a jury, but you may read in the courtroom when not serving. Any purses are subject to being searched by Public Safety personnel. CELL PHONES AND PAGERS SHOULD BE ON SILENT IN THE COURTROOM AT ALL TIMES.
If any of the following reasons to be excused apply, please include your reason on the return form.
- If you are not a resident of the City of Aiken, you will not be able to serve.
- If you have been convicted of a crime punishable by more than one year imprisonment and your civil rights have not been restored, you will not be eligible to serve.
- If you are over 65 and do not wish to serve, you will be excused.
- If you are disabled and/or need special assistance, the Judge will consider a request to be excused or see that accommodations are arranged for you.
- If you have any legitimate reason why you cannot serve, the Judge will consider your request to be excused. Any medical conditions need a doctor’s statement for consideration.
If you should have any questions, please call us at 803-642-7676 between the hours of 10:00 AM and 4:00 PM Monday through Friday.