Doing Business With The City
Awarding Bids : Doing Business with the City of Aiken
The City awards purchases of goods and services to the lowest responsible bidder. These 10 factors aid us in determining who that is:
- Ability, capacity, and skill to perform a contract or provide a service.
- Ability to perform the contract or to render the service within a specified time frame.
- Experience and reputation for integrity, judgment, and efficiency.
- Quality of performance under previous city, or other, public contracts or services.
- Compliance with relevant federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
- Financial resources to perform the task at hand.
- Quality, availability, and adaptability of supplies or contractual services.
- Ability to provide future maintenance and technical – or labor – support for use of the item or service.
- Number and scope of conditions that were attached to any bid.
- Local vendors are given preference if their bids are within 3% [and not more than $3,000] of the lowest responsible bidder.