Garbage, Recycling, & Yard Debris
Current Garbage, Recycling, & Yard Debris Holiday Collection Schedule
The rule of thumb is that if a holiday falls on a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday then garbage, recycling & yard debris collection will be delayed one day starting with the day of the holiday. If a holiday falls on Friday then there is no change in service. Presidents Day, Columbus Day, and Veterans Day are NOT City holidays; therefore, garbage, trash, and recycling pickup will NOT be affected by these days and the regular schedule will be followed.
- Christmas Day (+Observed On Monday, Dec 27, 2021)
- 1/1/2022 New Year’s Day (*Saturday)
- 1/17/2022 Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (+Monday)
- 4/15/2022 Good Friday (*Friday)
- 5/30/2022 Memorial Day (+Monday)
- 7/4/2022 Independence Day (+Monday)
- 9/5/2022 Labor Day (+Monday)
- 11/24/2022 Thanksgiving Day (?Thursday)
- Christmas Day (+Observed On Monday, Dec 26, 2022)
* Normal trash and recycling collection is provided Monday through Thursday.
+ All days delayed by one (1) day.
? All days remaining will be delayed one (1) day.
Aiken County provides many convenient drop-off sites for household generated garbage, recyclables and yard debris. For e-waste you will need to use either the New Ellenton, Langley, Belvedere, or Reynolds Pond Rd. drop-off site. These residential use only sites are free to Aiken County residents and are open as scheduled except for Sundays and the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Please consult their website for operation hours and additional information about these sites before using one their facilities.
County landfills will be closed on Sundays and the following holidays: New Year’s Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Good Friday, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
Special Collection Service
Furniture, including but not limited to, box springs, chairs, tables, white goods (i.e. appliances) and metal goods shall be considered a special collection. These special collections must be scheduled with the public services department. Special collection fees shall be added to the monthly city water bill.
- The cost to pick up unscheduled special collections shall be double the normal special collection fee.
Please call 803-642-7613 to arrange for these special collections. The City of Aiken strives to provide solutions should you experience issues or complications with our services. Please contact us if you need additional assistance or clarification.