Garbage, Recycling, & Yard Debris
Garbage and Household Waste
Trash and household waste are collected in 90 gallon City provided containers only. The City of Aiken offers a service for the removal of large items that will not fit in the garbage cart.
Please help us to provide efficient service for you by following these guidelines:
- Have containers and/or items for pickup at the street by 7:00 a.m. the day of collection.
- Put the container on the street with the handle toward the road.
- Keep at least 3 feet of clearance between your container and any other item (bags, limbs, bulky items, mailboxes, cable boxes, or vehicles) including the blue recycle container.
- Remove containers from public view at the end of collection day.
- No other garbage will be collected outside of your City container except for yard waste. If you experience an overflow please please the overflow in a bag and place it on top of the cart.
- Please contact us immediately at 803-642-7613 if you should experience a problem with your service.