Garbage, Recycling, & Yard Debris
Garbage and Household Waste
Please help us to provide efficient service for you by following these guidelines: The City of Aiken provides solutions if you should experience issues and/or complications with your service and you may contact us at 803-642-7613.
- Have containers and/or items for pickup at the street by 7:00 a.m. the day of collection.
- Before placing on the street follow the instructions label on the container about specific placement for proper pickup.
- Keep at least 3 feet of clearance between your container and any other item (bags, limbs, bulky items, mailboxes, cable boxes, or vehicles) including the blue recycle container.
- Please remove containers from public view by the following day of pickup.
- No other garbage will be collected outside of your City container except for yard waste. If you experience an overflow please please the overflow in a bag and place it on top of the cart.
Trash and household waste are collected in 90 gallon City provided containers only. The City of Aiken offers a service for the removal of large items that will not fit in the garbage cart.