Garbage, Recycling, & Yard Debris
City of Aiken Recycling Collection
Since 2016 Aiken’s recyclables have been collected on either a RED or BLUE week. To see which week your address falls in please visit our online Garbage & Recycling map.
Click on the layer icon top right
Check Recycle Pickup Box From The Drop Down Expanded Menu
Type Address In Upper Right and Click Search Icon
For a printable week calendar visit https://edoc.cityofaikensc.gov/weblink/0/edoc/286905/City%20of%20Aiken%20Red%20%20Blue%20Week%20Recycling%20Calendar.pdf Household recyclables are collected in City provided containers only. Please help us to provide efficient service by following these guidelines:
- Have roll carts at the edge of the street, ready for pickup, by 7:00 a.m.
- Roll carts are to be placed at the edge of the street with the handle facing the resident’s home. When positioned correctly it will be natural to open the lid from the street and not from the yard.
- Keep at least 3 feet of clearance between your roll cart and any other item(s) including additional roll carts.
- Please remove roll carts from the edge of the street within 24 hours of pickup.
- Flatten all cardboard and rinse all containers
The City of Aiken now offers electronics recycling. These items are picked up for a $25 service fee on the day of your regular pickup. Please call 803-642-7613 to schedule the pickup of any of these items.
These items should be placed in your recycling roll cart:
- Aluminum and steel cans
- Newspaper, magazines, inserts, catalogs, phone books, office paper, brown paper bags, pasteboard-such as cereal boxes (remove inner plastic), cardboard, gift boxes and food boxes
- Glass bottles and jars, any color
- Plastics #1 & #2, such as milk jugs, bleach/detergent/beverage containers
- Plastic caps
These items should be placed in your garbage roll cart:
- Aerosol cans
- Light bulbs, plate glass, mirrors, ceramics, dishes or windowpanes
- Waxed cardboard and waxed frozen food boxes
- Plastic containers that have previously contained hazardous household waste, such as bug killer
- Plastic grocery bags