Garbage, Recycling, & Yard Debris
City of Aiken Recycling Collection
Beginning, January 9th, 2016, your recyclables will be collected on either a RED or BLUE week.
A RED or BLUE sticker placed on your recycling roll cart will let you know which week to participate.
To see which week your address falls in please visit https://maps.cityofaikensc.gov/cmv/
For a printable week calendar visit https://edoc.cityofaikensc.gov/weblink/0/edoc/286905/City%20of%20Aiken%20Red%20%20Blue%20Week%20Recycling%20Calendar.pdf
Household recyclables are collected in 90 gallon City provided containers only.
Please help us to provide efficient service for you by following these guidelines:
- Have containers and/or items for pickup at the street by 7:00 a.m. the day of collection.
- Put the container on the street with the handle toward the road.
- Keep at least 3 feet of clearance between your container and any other item (bags, limbs, bulky items, mailboxes, cable boxes, or vehicles) including the green garbage container.
- Remove containers from public view at the end of collection day.
- No other recycling will be collected outside of your City container except for yard waste. If you experience an overflow please put the overflow in a bag and place it on top of the cart.
- Please contact us immediately at 803-642-7613 if you should experience a problem with your service.
The City of Aiken now offers electronics recycling. These items are picked up for a $25 service fee on the day of your regular pickup. Please call 803-642-7613 to schedule the pickup of any of these items.
These items should be placed in your recycling roll cart:
- Aluminum and steel cans.
- Newspaper, magazines, inserts, catalogs, phone books, office paper, brown paper bags, pasteboard, such as cereal boxes (remove inner plastic), gift boxes and food boxes.
- Glass bottles and jars, any color.
- Plastics #1 & #2, such as milk jugs, bleach, detergent bottles and beverage containers.
- Plastic caps.
- Flatten all cardboard and rinse all containers.
These items should be placed in your garbage roll cart:
- Aerosol cans.
- Light bulbs, plate glass, mirrors, ceramics, dishes or windowpanes.
- Waxed cardboard and waxed frozen food boxes.
- Plastic containers that have previously contained hazardous household waste, such as bug killer.
- Plastic grocery bags.