111 Chesterfield St. S • Aiken, SC 29801 • 803-642-7654
City of Aiken Sponsorship Opportunities
The City of Aiken host thousands of people at our special events each year. Our events have strong community support and would not be possible without the partnerships of our event sponsors.
If you or your company are interested in being a part of one of our special events, we have sponsorship packages available to fit any budget.
We will not accept a sponsorship from an applicant that is engaged in any of the following activities:
- Involved in the manufacture, distribution and wholesaling of cigarettes, tobacco products, and vapor products;
- Involved in the manufacture, distribution, and wholesaling of alcohol, except where alcoholic beverages have been authorized for sale and consumption on the premises;
- Involved in the manufacture, distribution, and wholesaling of firearms;
- Whose business is solely or substantially derived from the sale of pornography;
- Involved in the advocacy or endorsement of candidates or campaigns pertaining to political elections
We consider the following criteria when evaluating a sponsorship proposal for acceptance or rejection:
- The compatibility of the applicant’s mission, product and promotional goals with our community vision, mission, values, ordinances and policies;
- The compatibility and appropriateness of the applicant’s mission, product and promotional goals with the program, event or personal property to be sponsored;
- The compatibility of the applicant’s proposal with the standards, aesthetic values and visual integrity of city property and expectations of users;
- The applicant’s past record of involvement in the community and city projects;
- The timeliness or readiness of the applicant to enter an agreement;
- The actual value, in cash or in kind goods or services, of the proposal in relation to the benefit of the Applicant and the city; and
- Our operating and maintenance costs, including staff time or other additional responsibilities associated with the proposal;
- The inclusion of conditions that would limit our ability to enter into agreements with other sponsors or to carry out its functions fully and impartially; and
- The potential for public perception of partiality, impropriety or implied relationship between the city and the applicant other than for the limited purpose of the sponsorship.
Sponsorship messages by an approved sponsor shall not contain any one or more of the following:
- Advocacy or endorsement of candidates or campaigns pertaining to political elections;
- Depiction in any form of nudity or semi-nudity, profanity, obscenity, or lewdness or characterizations which suggest, depict, or promote any such element or sexually oriented products, activities, or materials;
- Promotion for the use or sale of firearms, explosives or other weapons, or the depiction, suggestion or glorification of violence or acts of a violent nature;
- Promotion or depiction of discrimination or the use of hate speech against any individual, group, company or organization;
- Implication of endorsement by the city or city employees;
- Content which is false, misleading, deceptive or which otherwise relates to an illegal activity; or
- Language or descriptive material which taken in form and context is deemed to be contrary to community standards.