City of Aiken Flag Football
The City of Aiken Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department Flag Football Program is designed to allow residents in the Aiken area to participate in an organized recreational flag football league. By emphasizing sportsmanship, participation, and fun, we aim for each participant to gain a positive learning experience at the season’s end.
Our youth flag football program is designed for kids ages 5-12 (as of September 1st of the current year). We offer leagues for all skill levels, so every kid can find a team that is a good fit for them. Our coaches are experienced and passionate about teaching kids the game of football. They will help your child learn the rules, develop their skills, and have fun.
We believe that flag football is more than just a game. It is a chance for kids to learn teamwork, sportsmanship, and dealing with adversity. It is also a chance for kids to make friends and have fun.
This is a non-contact sport with no helmets or pads, only a belt with a flag attached to it. This flag replaces the purpose of the tackle; once the flag is removed from the player in control of the ball, the play is over.
If you want a fun and safe way for your child to learn the game of football, our youth flag football program is a perfect choice.
Benefits of Flag Football
There are many benefits to participating in youth flag football. Some of the benefits include:
- Physical activity: Flag football is a great way for kids to get exercise. They will run, jump, and play, all while having fun.
- Teamwork: Flag football teaches kids the importance of teamwork. They will learn how to work together to achieve a common goal.
- Sportsmanship: Flag football teaches kids the importance of sportsmanship. They will learn how to win and lose gracefully.
- Leadership: Flag football can help kids develop leadership skills. They will learn how to lead their team and motivate their teammates.
- Confidence: Flag football can help kids build confidence. They will learn how to overcome challenges and succeed.
Youth flag football is a great option if you are looking for a fun and healthy activity for your child.
Each child participant is given an NFL reversible jersey to keep. The regular season consists of ten games during the Fall and Spring seasons, followed by a post-season single-elimination tournament.
First-time participants must bring a birth certificate.
To provide a fun, safe, and positive environment for all children, we require that each coach undergo the National Alliance for Youth Sports certification process and a national background check.
For more information, including prices, dates, times, etc., see https://cityofaikensc.recdesk.com/Community/Home