City of Aiken Department of Parks, Recreation and Tourism
City of Aiken Fun Funds Youth Scholarships
The City of Aiken Parks, Recreation & Tourism Department is pleased to offer financial aid to youth 18 years and under to participate in the activity of their choice through Fun Funds!
The application and required documents need to be turned in at least two weeks before the start of the desired activity. You will be notified within five business days of the availability of funds.
How do you qualify?
- Funds will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Funding is limited. A child may only receive $100 per fiscal year in funding.
- A $20 registration fee is required for each activity enrollment. This is not taken out of the
- A parent or legal guardian must register each child.
- Applications will be accepted up to two weeks prior to the state date of an activity. An application must be completed for each child and for each interested activity/program. Only completed applications will be accepted.
- Submitting a Fun Funds application does not guarantee enrollments into a program. If approved for funding and the activity is full, you will be given the option to enroll into a different activity/program.
- A child must receive free or reduced lunch from a public school or be an active participant in the SC EBT Food Stamp Program.
- The parent or legal guardian must provide a copy their SC driver’s license/ID with their current address and the school district free/reduced lunch verification letter or Food Stamp Printout along with the application.
- Any child that is homeschooled needs to be an active participant in the SC EBT Food Stamp Program.
- Funds Funds are available for students under the age of 18. All students must be enrolled in school to be eligible. Children age 4 that are not in school need to follow the eligibility requirements stated above.
- Fun Funds cannot be used to pay registration late fees.
- The City of Aiken reserves the right to limit the number of scholarships based on available funds and politely decline funding for applicants that do not meet income requirements.
All information in a Fun Funds application, including financial, is confidential and will not be released to any individuals or groups.
No applicant in any way will be favored or discriminated against solely because of race, creed, national origin, sex, age, handicap, political opinion, or religious beliefs.