City of Aiken Softball
Softball is a great way for kids to exercise, learn teamwork, and make friends. It’s also a lot of fun!
The City of Aiken Parks, Recreation and Tourism Department Youth Softball Program is designed to provide girls ages 6-18 (age as of April 30 of the current year) in the Aiken area with an opportunity to participate in an organized recreational softball league. By emphasizing sportsmanship, participation, and fun, we aim for each participant to gain a positive learning experience at the season’s end.
Every child will make the team, and leagues for ages nine and up will hold evaluations for team placement to guarantee a more competitive league.
Once placed on a team, each child will receive a jersey and a visor which is theirs to keep. Depending on the age group, the regular season consists of ten games from mid-March to the end of May.
All-Stars will take place after post-season tournaments. The All-Stars program gives the elite players from each league a chance to compete in tournament play at a highly competitive level. The coaches make the selection of All-Stars in conjunction with the APRT Staff.
There are many benefits to participating in youth softball. Some of the benefits include:
- Physical activity: Softball is a great way for kids to get exercise. They will run, jump, and play, all while having fun.
- Teamwork: Softball teaches kids the importance of teamwork. They will learn how to work together to achieve a common goal.
- Sportsmanship: Softball teaches kids the importance of sportsmanship. They will learn how to win and lose gracefully.
- Leadership: Softball can help kids develop leadership skills. They will learn how to lead their team and motivate their teammates.
- Confidence: Softball can help kids build confidence. They will learn how to overcome challenges and succeed.
Sign your child up today and let them experience the joy of playing softball!
To provide a fun, safe, and positive environment for all children, we require that each coach undergo the National Alliance for Youth Sports certification process and a national background check.
Sponsors are needed for our youth softball program, and if you are interested in this program, please call us at 803-642-7761.
First-time participants must bring a birth certificate.
For more information, including prices, dates, times, etc., see https://etrak-se1.com/etrak/cp?org=90