Permitting / Codes
City of Aiken Adopted Building Codes
Adopted Building Codes for the City of Aiken As Required by the State of South Carolina
Mandatory Building Codes adopted for current use in South Carolina and which must be enforced by local jurisdictions include the:
- 2018 International Building Code with SC modifications
- 2018 International Residential Code with SC modifications
- 2018 International Fire Code with SC modifications
- 2018 International Plumbing Code
- 2018 International Mechanical Code
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code with SC modifications
- 2018 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2017 National Electrical Code.
The latest edition of ICC/ANSI A117.1, Accessible and Useable Buildings and Facilities, is adopted by the Accessibility Act, S.C. Code Ann §10-5-210 et seq., and is mandatory for use in all municipalities and counties within South Carolina.
For more information, please visit the South Carolina Building Codes Council’s website at https://llr.sc.gov/bcc/bccinfo.aspx