Permitting / Codes
111 Chesterfield St. S • Aiken, SC 29801 • 803-642-7675
City of Aiken Adopted Building Codes
Adopted Building Codes for the City of Aiken As Required by the State of South Carolina
Effective January 1, 2023, the mandatory building codes adopted for use in South Carolina and which must be enforced by local jurisdictions include the:
- 2021 International Building Code with SC modifications;
- 2021 International Residential Code with SC modifications;
- 2021 International Fire Code with SC modifications;
- 2021 International Plumbing Code;
- 2021 International Mechanical Code;
- 2021 International Fuel Gas Code with SC modifications;
- 2021 International Swimming Pool and Spa Code
- 2009 International Energy Conservation Code;
- 2020 National Electrical Code.
The latest edition of ICC/ANSI A117.1, Accessible and Useable Buildings and Facilities, is adopted by the Accessibility Act, S.C. Code Ann §10-5-210 et seq., and is mandatory for use in all municipalities and counties within South Carolina.
For more information, please follow this link to the South Carolina Building Codes Council’s web page.